Orange CT Homepage

Health Department FAQ

I’m looking for information on my septic system located on my property?

Town records may have a septic system “as-built” in your street file. Contact our department for more information. We can mail or email the location to you if it is available. 

I’m looking to open up a restaurant in Orange. What are my first steps?

You can either download the Food Service Floor Plan Review Packet from the website or call us for the form. If you have additional questions after looking over the packet, you can contact us at 203-891-4752

I have a food vending truck and I want to get a license to operate in town?

Generally vending is not permitted in the town of Orange. The only exception would be for special events (carnivals, parades, fairs etc). Held on town owned property with the approval of the health department and first selectman 

I’m looking to have an event on town owned property (fairgrounds, schools, etc.) and I wanted to have a food truck cater the event. What do I need?

The food truck vendor you have in mind would have to take out a temporary food service permit for the day(s) of the event. The temporary food service application is available on the Viewpoint permitting system. Please see the town’s website for more information. Applications must be sent in no later than 14 days before the event

I’m looking to get a COVID-19 Vaccine where I can get one?
Please go to for more information.

I have a tick I’d like to submit for testing, how do I get it tested?
The Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station (CAES) will accept ticks only from state residents in Orange. Along with the tick a CAES Tick Submission Form is also required.  You can contact the health department at to get the form at our phone number 203-891-4752. The health department will prepare the form and either email/mail it to you. You must submit the form along with the tick at a CAES location .The CAES will test for the causative agents for Lyme disease, anaplasmosis and babesiosis. More information at the CAES Tick Portal.

I have a health violation to report. Who do I contact?
Please call our department at 203-891-4752 

Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow