- 10 a.m.
- 2nd Monday of every month
- With the exception of July and December
- Meetings last for 1 hour
The Town of Orange Tree Committee consists of 5 members who serve as advisors to the Tree Warden. Appointed by the First Selectman with the approval of the Board of Selectmen, members serve a term of 3 years.
The Town Tree Warden is appointed by the First Selectman in accordance with the Orange Town Charter. He is a licensed arborist and shall have all the powers and duties ascribed to tree wardens in accordance with Connecticut General Statutes. The Town Tree Warden has full power and authority over all trees and shrubs within public areas and, to the extent provided by law, over those on private property.
The Town of Orange Tree Committee is dedicated to creating a community understanding of, and an appreciation for, trees and how they improve our quality of life.
The Tree Committee is tasked as follows:
- Assisting the Town Tree Warden
- Conducting tree inventories on public lands
- Selecting and identifying any tree which may qualify as a landmark and/or notable tree in Orange
- Working to educate the residents of Orange regarding the care of trees and the many benefits that trees bring to our community
- Coordinating and cooperating with the Town Plan and Zoning Commission and other interested boards and commissions to maximize the work of the Tree Committee.