TYPICAL TRAVELIN' TEEN DAY
There's actually no typical day for our Teens. They leave High Plains Community Center (HPCC) every morning around 9:15am and return about 3:45pm - the time in between is the adventure.
Campers arrive at HPCC, check in under the tent next to the blacktop to get the days information and a last chance at the bathrooms before hitting the road.
Travel by big yellow school bus to the days activities. If time, the bus may stop at Dunkin Donuts for a travel snack. Campers should not "count on" a stop. Purchases are camper funded.
Upon arriving, campers will receive instructions, rules, tickets, check in information and group assignments, if necessary.
Campers should be equipped to carry whatever they bring on the trip. Access to the bus during the day may not be possible.
Occasionally, if time allows, the return trip will include an ice cream stop. Purchases are camper funded unless the stop was part of the days scheduled activities.
Upon returning to HPCC, campers must be signed out. Campers participating in Late Stay will check in there.
Early starts, or late returns, may be scheduled based on the activity.
Travelin' Teens is also at the mercy of Connecticut traffic issues. Every effort will be made to keep you notified if a delay occurs.
Teen Camp Basics
The Travelin' Teens camp travels away from High Plains in search of adventure every day. Campers are in well supervised, safe and structured environments. Where have they been in the past? Everywhere! Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Six Flags, Medieval Times, Madame Tussauds, Huck Finn Adventures, as well as laser tagging, zip lining, paint balling, tubing and the beach. It's always a great week of fun and entertainment!
- The Travelin’ Teens program is open to boys and girls who are entering 7th grade through those who are entering 10th grade in September.
- Camp is held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. If a planned trip is scheduled to leave earlier or return later, parents will receive notice in advance. Departures will not be held for late campers.
- The cost of the program includes daily transportation (provided by a school bus) and admission to all events. Campers should bring spending money and a bagged lunch unless otherwise notified.
- For an additional charge of $7 per slot, early drop off (7:30 to 9 a.m.) and/or late stay (4:00 to 5:30 p.m.) services are available. Pre-registration is required and pick up must be no later than 5:30 p.m.
A $1 per minute late fee will be charged after 5:30pm in order to cover staff overtime expenses.
- Planned trips may be changed due to weather or circumstances beyond our control. Notice to changes will be given as early as possible.
Registration Dates - 2018
This is a very high demand program. In order to provide a fair registration process, you may register your family, but ONLY ONE additional child from a household other than your own. You CAN NOT register online. You must come to the Park and Recreation office, or mail your registration form and the deposit.
- Residents - Monday, April 23, 2018
- Non-residents - Monday, April 30, 2018
- Registration form
Session Dates - 2018
The schedule is based on the current school ending date.
- Week 1 - June 18 - June 22
- Week 2 - June 25 - June 29
- Week 3 - July 2 - July 6 (no camp on July 4)
- Week 4 - July 9 - July 13
- Week 5 - July 16 - July 20
- Week 6 - July 23 - July 27
- Week 7 - July 30 - August 3
- Week 8 - August 6 - August 10
Camp Fees Per Week - 2018
- Residents - $360 ( week 3 $290)
- Non-residents - $425.00 (week 3 $350)