Before a building permit is issued, approval from these departments may be necessary and submitted to the Building Department:
- Fire Marshal's Office (excluding residential single family homes)
- Inland Wetlands and Water Courses Commission
- Town Plan and Zoning Commission
- Town Sanitarian
- Town Engineer
- Water Pollution Control Authority
Fee for all permits is as follows:
- $40.26 for the first thousand dollars
- $20.26 for each additional thousand dollars
- $50 for each Certificate of Occupancy or Certificate of Approval
Note to Solar Companies
Permit fees should be calculated at $5 per watt. For example: A 7-Kw system would be valued at $35,000. In addition, an authorization letter from the property owner allowing the company to pull permits is required.
Registration & Licensing
A contractor for residential building or remodeling must be registered with the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection.
All mechanical contractors must be licensed by the State of Connecticut.
Two sets of prints must be submitted with the application for a building permit. No prints will be accepted if they are larger than 36x24.