Current Job Openings
- Children's Services Assistant
- Assistant Director/Supervisor of Clinical Services
- Full-Time Certified Nursing Assistant
- Per Diem Certified Nursing Assistant
- Homecare Nurse
- On Call Nurse
Full-time union position, 35 hours, with excellent benefits. Salary $14.58 per hour. Master’s Degree in Library Science and experience working in a public or school library is required. Candidates should have excellent customer service and technology skills, a strong knowledge of children’s literature, and a love of reading. Experience with Sierra ILS is a plus. Evening hours and a Friday/Saturday rotation are required. Job description following. Please send a cover letter and resume with three professional references to First Selectman James M. Zeoli, 617 Orange Center Road, Orange, CT 06477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m., Friday, January 27, 2017 EOE
CASE MEMORIAL LIBRARY
CHILDREN’S SERVICES ASSISTANT
Works directly with the public in the Children’s Department to provide library service to children, teens and adults.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Head of Children’s Services or other designated supervisor.
- Receives oral or written instructions from the Head of Children’s Services or other designated supervisor.
- Assists and instructs children, teens, and adults in the use of library materials and equipment including the public access catalog, online databases, and the Internet.
- Performs all circulation tasks and serves on public service desks.
- Assists with programming for children and teens including story hours, craft programs, summer reading activities and special events.
- Participates in collection development activities as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of bibliographies, bulletin boards and displays for the Children’s and Teen Departments.
- Assists in the preparation of department statistics and reports using Excel or other software.
- Performs special tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong public service attitude and knowledge of the principles and practices of library service, especially as applicable to Children’s Services.
- Knowledge of children’s and teen literature.
- Ability to work harmoniously with children, teens, adults and members of the library staff.
- Ability and willingness to acquire new computer and technology skills as necessary.
- Ability to deal with multiple and extra unexpected tasks and patrons simultaneously.
- Initiative, creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness and good judgment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT OPERATION
This position requires use of standard office equipment, including, but not limited to: computers and peripherals; network printers; typewriters; fax machines; photocopiers; and telephone systems.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT/MENTAL ABILITY
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required: to push and pull loaded book trucks weighing up to 200 pounds; to frequently stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach and grasp, kneel or crouch, and sit, with frequent change of positions; to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 lbs; and to cover large distances and walk quickly to retrieve materials, including use of stairs.
Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution, and experience working in a public or school library. This position is full-time (35 hours/week) and includes evening hours, and a Friday/Saturday rotation.
This job description is for identification and administrative purposes only. It is not intended to be a complete statement of all duties, which may be assigned by the supervisor according to varying needs.
ORANGE VISITING NURSE ASSOCIATION
SUPERVISOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES
Position requires an RN with current strong clinical skills, homecare experience and knowledge of homecare regulations. The Assistant Director/SCS is responsible for the quality of the clinical program, provides supervision/mentoring of clinical staff, established relationships with referral sources, assists with hiring and employee development, and is committed to the continuous quality improvement focus of the agency.
The Orange Visiting Nurse Association (OVNA) is a state licensed, Medicare/Medicaid certified and nationally accredited agency that provides skilled care to the residents of Orange, Milford, West Haven and Woodbridge. OVNA is a growing agency that has received the Homecare Elite award.
The position is full-time (37.5 hrs/week) with benefits and requires some weekend responsibilities. The successful candidate must have a good understanding of OASIS, ICD 10 coding, computer skills and a current CT RN license and driver’s license. In addition, must also be able to meet the State of CT requirements for a supervisor of clinical services which include either a Master’s degree with a minimum of one full-time clinical experience in a home health agency; BSN with at least three years of full-time clinical nursing experience with at least one year in a homecare agency; diploma in nursing or associates degree in nursing with three years of full-time clinical experience in nursing within the past five years, one of which was in a home health agency and either certification by the ANA as a community health nurse or completion of at least six credits in community health nursing theory, and health care management from an accredited college or university within two years. EOE
Send resume to First Selectman James M. Zeoli, Orange Town Hall, 617 Orange Center Road, Orange CT 06477 or email email@example.com by Friday, December 30, 2016.
Orange Visiting Nurse Association Looking for a Full time certified nursing assistant
Experienced certified home health aide is needed for the Town of Orange’s licensed and accredited homecare agency. The agency provides homecare to residents of Orange, Milford, West Haven and Woodbridge, CT. One year of current work experience in a skilled nursing facility as a certified nursing assistant is required with homecare experience preferred – scheduling experience a plus. Must have the following: a current CT CNA credential in good standing; a current driver’s license and auto insurance as well as automobile. Please fax resume to 203-891- 2169 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orange Visiting Nurse Association Looking for a Per Diem certified nursing assistant
Experienced certified home health aide needed for per diem work (M-F) for the Town of Orange’s licensed and accredited homecare agency. The agency provides homecare to residents of Orange, Milford, West Haven and Woodbridge, CT. Homecare experience preferred, must have a current CT CAN credential, a car, current driver’s license and auto insurance. Please fax resume to 203-891- 2169 or email: email@example.com.
Orange Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a full-time primary care nurse with current work experience in a licensed home health care agency to provide case management to clients in Orange, Milford, West Haven and Woodbridge.
Applicants must have current homecare experience, knowledge of OASIS C – 1 as well as state and federal regulations governing homecare. Knowledge of clinical documentation via point of care/Allscripts computer software is a strong plus .
Orange Visiting Nurse Association is a nationally accredited and state licensed home care agency. Please submit resume to Judy G. Benson RN, BSN, Administrator by either fax 203-891-2169 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Call Nurse For Weekends Needed
RN with current homecare experience.
Knowledge of Allscripts preferred or experience with another point of care program.
Please email resume to jbenson@orange-CT.gov or fax to 203-891-2169.
Equal Opportunity Employer