Current Job Openings
Full-time union position with benefits, 37.50 hours, $16.54 hourly (annual salary $32,253), Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. under the direction of the Administrator, Orange Visiting Nurse Association. Strong computer skills a must, knowledge of general office procedures, dealing with the public, patients and professional staff. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Duties include answering phone calls, distributing mail, preparing patient admission packets, scheduling patient office visits and blood pressure and flu clinics, assisting with preparation of state licensing visits, collecting information from Patient Satisfaction Surveys, maintaining medical records per regulations and other duties as assigned. Send resume to First Selectman James M. Zeoli, 617 Orange Center Road, Orange, CT 06477 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 11, 2015 – 4:30 p.m.
Full-time union position, 35 hours, with excellent benefits. Salary $14.25 per hour. Master’s Degree in Library Science and experience working in a public or school library is required. Candidates should have excellent customer service and technology skills, and a strong knowledge of children’s literature. Experience with Sierra ILS is a plus. Evening hours and a Friday/Saturday rotation are required. Job description following. Please send a cover letter and resume with three professional references to First Selectman James M. Zeoli, 617 Orange Center Road, Orange, CT 06477 or email email@example.com by 4:30 p.m., Friday, September 11, 2015 EOE
CASE MEMORIAL LIBRARY
CHILDREN’S SERVICES ASSISTANT
Works directly with the public in the Children’s Department to provide library service to children, teens and adults.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Head of Children’s Services or other designated supervisor.
- Receives oral or written instructions from the Head of Children’s Services or other designated supervisor.
- Assists and instructs children, teens, and adults in the use of library materials and equipment including the public access catalog, online databases, and the Internet.
- Performs all circulation tasks and serves on public service desks.
- Assists with programming for children and teens including story hours, craft programs, summer reading activities and special events.
- Participates in collection development activities as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of bibliographies, bulletin boards and displays for the Children’s and Teen Departments.
- Assists in the preparation of department statistics and reports using Excel or other software.
- Performs special tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong public service attitude and knowledge of the principles and practices of library service, especially as applicable to Children’s Services.
- Knowledge of children’s and teen literature.
- Ability to work harmoniously with children, teens, adults and members of the library staff.
- Ability and willingness to acquire new computer and technology skills as necessary.
- Ability to deal with multiple and extra unexpected tasks and patrons simultaneously.
- Initiative, creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness and good judgment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT OPERATION
This position requires use of standard office equipment, including, but not limited to: computers and peripherals; network printers; typewriters; fax machines; photocopiers; and telephone systems.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT/MENTAL ABILITY
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required: to push and pull loaded book trucks weighing up to 200 pounds; to frequently stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach and grasp, kneel or crouch, and sit, with frequent change of positions; to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 lbs; and to cover large distances and walk quickly to retrieve materials, including use of stairs.
Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution, and experience working in a public or school library. This position is full-time (35 hours/week) and includes evening hours, and a Friday/Saturday rotation.
This job description is for identification and administrative purposes only. It is not intended to be a complete statement of all duties, which may be assigned by the supervisor according to varying needs.
Orange Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a full-time primary care nurse with current work experience in a licensed home health care agency to provide case management to clients in Orange, Milford, West Haven and Woodbridge.
Applicants must have current homecare experience, knowledge of OASIS C – 1 as well as state and federal regulations governing homecare. Knowledge of clinical documentation via point of care/Allscripts computer software is a strong plus .
Orange Visiting Nurse Association is a nationally accredited and state licensed home care agency. Please submit resume to Judy G. Benson RN, BSN, Administrator by either fax 203-891-2169 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Call Nurse For Weekends Needed
RN with current homecare experience.
Knowledge of Allscripts preferred or experience with another point of care program.
Please email resume to jbenson@orange-CT.gov or fax to 203-891-2169.
Equal Opportunity Employer