Current Job Openings
Full-time union position performing professional administrative duties in a highly regulated, confidential environment within a municipal police department. Minimum sixty college credits, good verbal and written communication skills required. Moderate or higher level ability with Microsoft Office software with emphasis on MS Word and MS Excel desired. Ability to foster good relationships with community stakeholders, coworkers and the general public required.
The preferred candidate will have experience in law enforcement, legal or regulatory fields. Knowledge of social media/website maintenance a plus. Bilingual- Spanish candidates are encouraged to apply. 35 hour work week. Comprehensive benefits package. Pay range $30,000 - $40,000 contingent upon qualifications. Candidates will undergo detailed background investigation. The Town of Orange is an EOE.
Interested applicants should mail a resume and cover letter by Monday, November 30, 2015 to:
Chief Robert Gagne
Orange Police Department
314 Lambert Road
Orange, CT 06477
Alternatively, resumes and cover letters can be emailed to:
Administrative Assistant Nancy Allen- email@example.com
Full-time union position, 35 hours, with excellent benefits. Salary $14.25/hr. Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in Library Science or a Bachelor’s Degree supplemented by graduate level courses that will lead to an MLS. Duties include reference and reader’s advisory service, technology assistance, and processing interlibrary loans. Interested candidates should have excellent customer service and technology skills. The ideal candidate is an avid reader. Experience with Sierra ILS is a plus. Job description following. Please send a cover letter and resume with three professional references to James M. Zeoli, First Selectman c/o Town Hall, 617 Orange Center Road, Orange, CT 06477 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 30, 2015. EOE
CASE MEMORIAL LIBRARY
ADULT SERVICES ASSISTANT
Works directly with the public to provide library service to adults, teens, and children.
- Works under the general direction and supervision of the Head of Reference and Adult Services or other designated supervisor.
- Assists patrons with reference and reader’s advisory service in person, on the telephone, and electronically.
- Assists and instructs patrons in the use of library materials and technology including the public access catalog, public computers, digital resources, electronic devices, and the Internet.
- Processes Interlibrary Loan materials.
- Performs all circulation tasks and serves on the public service desks.
- Assists with the preparation of bibliographies, bulletin boards, and displays.
- Assists with programming for adults and teens including summer reading activities and special events.
- Assists with the preparation of department statistics and reports.
- Participates in collection development activities as assigned.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong public service attitude and knowledge of the principles and practices of library service.
- Knowledge of adult and teen resources.
- Knowledge of books and authors, and an interest in reading.
- Familiarity with digital technology, mobile devices and social media.
- Working knowledge of office computer applications and applications for library services.
- Ability and willingness to acquire new computer and technology skills as necessary.
- Ability to work harmoniously with patrons of all ages and members of the library staff.
- Ability to deal with multiple and extra unexpected tasks and patrons simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, creative, and flexible. Exercises initiative and good judgement.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT OPERATION
This position requires use of standard office equipment, including, but not limited to: computers and peripherals; network printers; typewriters; fax machines; photocopiers; and telephone systems.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT/MENTAL ABILITY
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required: to push and pull loaded book trucks weighing up to 200 pounds; to frequently stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach and grasp, kneel or crouch, and sit, with frequent change of positions; to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; and to cover large distances and walk quickly to retrieve materials, including use of stairs.
Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution or a Bachelor’s Degree supplemented by graduate level courses that will lead to an MLS. This is a full-time, 35 hours/week position, $14.25/hour, and includes a Friday/Saturday rotation and some evening hours.
This job description is for identification and administrative purposes only. It is not intended
to be a complete statement of all duties, which may be assigned by the supervisor according to
Orange Visiting Nurse Association is seeking a full-time primary care nurse with current work experience in a licensed home health care agency to provide case management to clients in Orange, Milford, West Haven and Woodbridge.
Applicants must have current homecare experience, knowledge of OASIS C – 1 as well as state and federal regulations governing homecare. Knowledge of clinical documentation via point of care/Allscripts computer software is a strong plus .
Orange Visiting Nurse Association is a nationally accredited and state licensed home care agency. Please submit resume to Judy G. Benson RN, BSN, Administrator by either fax 203-891-2169 or email to email@example.com.
On Call Nurse For Weekends Needed
RN with current homecare experience.
Knowledge of Allscripts preferred or experience with another point of care program.
Please email resume to jbenson@orange-CT.gov or fax to 203-891-2169.
Equal Opportunity Employer