Current Job Openings
On Call Nurse For Weekends Needed
RN with current homecare experience.
Knowledge of Allscripts preferred or experience with another point of care program.
Please email resume to jbenson@orange-CT.gov or fax to 203-891-2169.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Part-time union position, 29.5 hours, includes vacation and prorated sick time. Salary $13.54/hr. Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in Library Science or a Bachelor’s Degree supplemented by graduate level courses that will lead to an MLS. Duties include reference service, technology assistance, and processing interlibrary loans. Interested candidates should have strong technology and customer service skills. Job description following. Please send a cover letter and resume with three professional references to James M. Zeoli, First Selectman c/o Town Hall, 617 Orange Center Road, Orange, CT 06477 or by email to email@example.com by Friday, October 31, 2014. EOE
CASE MEMORIAL LIBRARY
ADULT SERVICES ASSISTANT
Works directly with the public to provide library service to adults, teens, and children.
- Works under the general direction and supervision of the Head of Reference and Adult Services or other designated supervisor.
- Assists patrons with reference and reader’s advisory service in person, on the telephone, and electronically.
- Assists and instructs patrons in the use of library materials and technology including the public access catalog, public computers, digital resources, electronic devices, and the Internet.
- Processes Interlibrary Loan materials.
- Performs all circulation tasks and serves on the public service desks.
- Assists with the preparation of bibliographies, bulletin boards and displays.
- Assists with programming for adults and teens including summer reading activities and special events.
- Assists with the preparation of department statistics and reports.
- Participates in collection development activities as assigned.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong public service attitude and knowledge of the principles and practices of library service.
- Knowledge of adult and teen materials.
- Familiarity with digital technology, mobile devices and social media.
- Working knowledge of office computer applications and applications for library services.
- Ability and willingness to acquire new computer and technology skills as necessary.
- Ability to work harmoniously with patrons of all ages and members of the library staff.
- Ability to deal with multiple and extra unexpected tasks and patrons simultaneously.
- Initiative, creativity, flexibility, resourcefulness and good judgment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT OPERATION
This position requires use of standard office equipment, including, but not limited to: computers and peripherals; network printers; typewriters; fax machines; photocopiers; and telephone systems.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL EFFORT/MENTAL ABILITY
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required: to push and pull loaded book trucks weighing up to 200 pounds; to frequently stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach and grasp, kneel or crouch, and sit, with frequent change of positions; to regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds; and to cover large distances and walk quickly to retrieve materials, including use of stairs.
Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution or a Bachelor’s Degree supplemented by graduate level courses that will lead to an MLS. This is a part-time, 29.5 hours/week position, $13.54/hour, and includes a Friday/Saturday rotation and some evening hours.
This job description is for identification and administrative purposes only. It is not intended
to be a complete statement of all duties, which may be assigned by the supervisor according to
Must be available to work Thursdays and Fridays
Applicants must possess a valid public service driver’s license with endorsement F and have no violation. A high school diploma plus six months to year related experience is required. Must pass drug and alcohol screening tests, background check, and be willing to submit to random testing.
Applicants must be able to drive a minivan and twelve passenger courtesy buses with wheelchair lift. Must have the ability to work effectively and pleasantly with the elderly, handicapped and the general public. Must have the ability and willingness to be flexible with hours not to exceed 29 hours per week.
Interested applicants can contact
Ms Joan Cretella
Director of Orange Community Services
M-F 8:30am to 4:30 pm