The Garden Club of Orange will meet Jan. 10, 2017. Sharon Smith Delisle from the CT Orchid Society will speak on the topic "Easy Orchids -- More than Phalaenopsis." Lunch -- 11:30, business meeting -- 12:15, program -- 1:00. Case Memorial Library, 176 Tyler Road, Orange. Members Design: "A tall creative design, using line material and 2 flowers." Horticulture: "Winter Beauties," evergreens from our yards, or any meritorious specimen.
The Garden Club of Orange is a member of FGCCT, Inc., NERGC, Inc., and NGC, Inc. For information about joining call Joanne Friedrichs, 203-795-4266.
Garden Club of Orange Scholarship
The Garden Club of Orange offers a $1000 college scholarship to a high-school student residing in Orange who is planning to study plant science. Click here to download the application form.
National Garden Clubs, Inc.
The Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc.
New England Region of National Garden Clubs, Inc.
Connecticut River Watershed Council
Connecticut Forest and Parks Association
Orange Conservation Commission
Orange Land Trust
The Connecticut Horticultural Society
The purpose of the Club is to promote and encourage garden skills and knowledge, both individual and civic, and to further an understanding of horticulture, flower arranging, bird life, conservation and environmental awareness
Why Join the Club:
The Club offers members numerous opportunities to learn and grow including:
- Classes in floral design
- Classes in Holiday decorating with florals
- Participation in flower shows
- Judging Floral and Horticulture Exhibits at the Orange Country Fair
- Educational field trips
- Participation in Connecticut Flower and Garden Show
The opportunity to meet and get to know other residents with an interest in gardening!
Some Ways that We Serve Our Community:
- Decoration of Town Public buildings for the Holiday Season
- Plant and maintain the Town Green and Wright’s Pond and other public sites
- Provide Garden Club activities for residents of the Orange health Care Center
Some of our Activities Include:
- Annual May Market (plant and bake sale)
- Semi-Annual Holiday House Tour
- Semi-Annual Standard Flower Show
Our Meetings Include:
- Monthly Guest Lecturer on pertinent topics related to floral design, gardening, and horticulture
- Monthly floral exhibits by our members
- Monthly petite luncheons
- Annual Silver Tea
As a member, you will receive a workbook, membership booklet and a very warm welcome.
Orange Garden Club judges at Orange Country Fair, 2016. Photo by Lana Ho.
Linda Bradford and Marion Rizzo holding mums Garden Club sold at the Fair and promoting Orange House Tour.