TYPICAL CAMP DAY
Campers move around the High Plains Community Center as a group, through a variety of activities, every day. The daily schedule will change, but specials and lunch are at the same time each day. Each activity is about 40 minutes long. If there is an entertainer or special event, typical activities may be cancelled or adjusted for that day. Excessive heat or rain may also change campers plans.
Arrive and meet with your group on the blacktop, get lunches in the fridge, and head to the gym for morning announcements.
Break into "special" groups.
Specials are an opportunity for campers to participate in an activity of interest outside their assigned group (ex - dance, art, karate, cooking).
Mid-morning after specials you rejoin your group for the day and head to your scheduled activities.
(ex - swimming lessons, nature, sports).
Lunch under the tent, weather permitting. There is a snack cart during lunch with treats the campers may purchase.
After lunch campers resume their group activities. (ex - open swim, game room, arts and crafts)
End of the day brings the camp back to the gym for closing conversations, and sign out.
Day Camp Basics - 2019
Campers will be grouped, by age, in a well supervised environment and participate in a variety of activities that challenge the mind and body as new friendships are built. We have many special activities through out the summer such as entertainers, pizza parties, cookouts, field trips and many other surprises.
- The Day camp program is open to boys and girls who are entering Kindergarten, to those entering 6th grade.
- Camp will be held at the High Plains Community Center from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- For an additional charge of $7 per slot, early drop off (7:30 to 9 a.m.) and/or late stay (4 to 5:30 p.m.) services are available.
Pre-registration is required and pick up must be no later than 5:30 p.m.
A $1 per minute late fee will be charged after 5:30pm to cover staff overtime expenses.
- Campers, 5 and 6 years-old, will receive swimming lessons every morning. All campers have an open swim period in the afternoon. Life jackets are provided (and required) for all
**The pool is undergoing renovations and will be closed until completed. This may delay the access of the pool for Camp but water activities will still be scheduled every day.**
- Campers must bring a clearly marked bagged lunch every day. Lunches are refrigerated until eaten, so feel free to send your child's favorite foods.
- The Day Camp travels off-site, one day during the session for a fun, well supervised, field trip.
Registration Dates - 2019
- Residents - Monday, April 29, 2019
- Non-residents - Monday, May 6, 2019
YOU CAN NOT REGISTER ONLINE. YOU MUST COME TO THE PARK AND RECREATION OFFICE, OR MAIL YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AND THE DEPOSIT.
Session Dates - 2019
Camp sessions are two weeks long.
Dates are based on the current school ending date.
- Session 1 - June 17 - June 28
- Session 2 - July 1 - July 12 (no camp on Thursday, July 4)
- Session 3 - July 15 - July 26
- Session 4 - July 29 - August 9
Camp Fees - 2019 (no increase from 2018)
- Session 1, 3 and 4
- Residents - $395.00 per session
- Non-residents - $465.00 per session
- Session 2
- Residents - $360.00
- Non-residents - $425.00